Artisinal wedding photography Authentic film wedding photography that’s true to your character.
It’s a privilege to be trusted to capture your most important memories.
That’s why I take the opportunity to tell your story with grace, gratitude and a whole lot of heart. And as one of the only film photographers in Melbourne who successfully shoots weddings, my service, vision and experience is one that happy couples rely upon every year.
- All things are best done with kindness, empathy and authenticity.
- In honouring your individual story through a visual narrative.
- It takes a whole lot of heart to create real, artistic, creative work.
- Your story has a powerful magnitude, and requires more than just a wedding photography service to capture its meaning.
- It’s not what is seen, but the way you see things.
The fine art of film photography
You’ve probably come across a lot of wedding photographers throughout your search for The One.
As an artist who believes firmly in the gravity and meaningfulness of film, it’s not a matter of being the photographer for everyone.
But I do excel in creating emotionally-charged, beautiful images for people who put their trust in me, who adore film photography, and want their wedding photos to be different.
Creative, candid and cinematic wedding photography for connoisseurs of good taste.
Does this resonate with you?
- You consider yourself to have impeccable taste. You’re more Melbourne Writer’s Festival than Bridget Jones’s Baby, St Tropez over Ibiza, and Kinfolk over Cosmopolitan.
- You love Instagram, but you adore the tactile nature of photography or film and value it as an art form.
- You’re after an organised, understanding, considerate and creative wedding photographer who can take charge of producing your wedding photos, and deliver a beautiful collection of images.
I have four core beliefs for shooting remarkable wedding photographs.
Every couple is unique
Tim and Carly like dramatic trailer music. Simon and Louise are master comedians. No matter your personality, you’ll be treated as an individual. No stock standard solutions here.
Keep it natural
Wedding photography should show life at its richest and most intimate. Your wedding photographs will keep this natural candor so that you can happily enjoy your wedding photo album for years to come…without cringing.
It’s your dream day, so let’s help you make it perfect. After our timeline planning and engagement shoot, I’ll be ready to guide you through the process of capturing that perfect shot. Occasionally, an assistant may be on hand to help me throughout the day.
It’s all about the experience
Your experience is as important to me as your wedding photos.
You’ll be spending almost as much time with myself and my assistant on your wedding day as you will be with your bridal party. That’s why I want you to ensure feel comfortable with us, both on and off camera, and trust that you and your wedding photos are in professional hands.
The best compliment we receive from our happy couples is how people feel like we’re a guest, because we remain unobtrusive yet at the same time, capture the most important parts of your day.
I offer bespoke, thoughtfully planned and thoroughly executed wedding photography.
I aim to capture a series of natural, uncontrived moments on film, but my work is a thoughtful and deliberate process.
I’ll work with you to ensure we have a photography timeline that allows me to capture the essential elements of your day: 30% is dedicated to portraiture, detail shots and still life. The rest is shot photojournalistic style, producing a series of authentic images that tells the story of your wedding day.
To me, photography is the art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place…I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see, and everything to do with the way you see them. – Elliot Erwitt